Hotel supervisors are in charge of overseeing the day-to-day operations of their hotel. They ensure that all staff members are performing their duties properly and that guests are having a positive experience while staying at the hotel.
Hotel supervisors may also be responsible for hiring new employees, training current employees on company policies and procedures, and ensuring that all hotel standards are being met.
- Location48 Joseph St
Parry Sound, ONP2A 2G5
- Salary$$30,000 to $40,000YEAR annually for 30 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Flexible Hours, To be determined
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Hotel Supervisor Job Duties
Hotel supervisors typically have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Ensuring that the hotel is well-maintained by scheduling repairs and maintenance as needed
- Coordinating with other departments such as human resources or marketing to streamline operations
- Reviewing guest complaints, concerns, or issues in order to make decisions about how to best respond to them
- Managing the daily operations of the hotel including hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising staff members
- Ensuring that guests are satisfied with their experience at the hotel through regular contact with customers
- Overseeing the financial operations of the hotel such as revenue management and labor costs
- Assigning rooms to guests based on availability or preferences as indicated in reservations
- Supervising the activities of employees on the front desk to ensure that they are greeting guests in a friendly manner and answering any questions they may have regarding hotel policies or services provided
- Ensuring that all guests are safe and secure while staying at the hotel
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Requisition materials and supplies; Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments; Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports; Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies; Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Additional Skills
- Perform same duties as workers supervised
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Large workload; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Judgement; Organized
- Screening questions
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply